1. Ryan Mills - Start With
2. Four Star Alarm - Squint
3. The Company We Keep (TREOS/Moneen) - Steadfast Shrine
4. Favez - Free Drug Zone
5. Stephen Brodsky - Chalk The Cracks
6. Nora - Clean Slate
7. Elemae - Magic Mountainman
8. The Action Design (ex-Tsunami Bomb) - Kid Candy [mp3]
9. The Porter (WAB, Thursday, Gaslight Anthem) - Common Mistake
10. Killwhitneydead. - Baggage
11. Look What I Did - One Out Of FOur
12. The Fire Still Burns - Crush Us All
13. The Story Changes - Antilyrical
14. Worlds Between Us - Card Tricks
15. Joshua - Stargirl
16. Kane Hodder - Stagger
17. Rob Avery (of Boysetsfire) - Losing Skin
SEAWEED began releasing material on their own Leopard Gecko imprint in 1989, before releasing a vinyl single with K Records, signing to Sub Pop a few years later for their career building albums Despised, Weak and Four. Then Hollywood Records picked the band up in 1993 and released their largest album to date, 1995's Spanaway, their bombastic major label offering. Lasting only a single album on Hollywood, the band and label unhitched and SEAWEED then moved back to the indies. Merge Records issued their final release in 1999. Actions and Indications turned into their swan song and the band split later that same year. SEAWEED's decade of existence came to an end, yet their influence remains constant through the shifting tides of post-punk's underground today.
SEAWEED had the blood, sweat and intensity which musically charged us in our formative years, as well as both the attitude and spirit which we look for in music today. With HOURS AND HOURS: A TRIBUTE TO SEAWEED, we present to you our second "tribute" on Engineer (the first being Shudder To Think; 2003) to another band that holds an integral influence over our label. Seventeen bands from various countries show that SEAWEED's influence was not one-sided. From post-punk to metal, hardcore to indie-rock and even singer-songwriter, such a diverse roster was purposely chosen. Many of these bands are influental themselves in today's vibrant music scene, busy on various taste-making record labels, yet still humble enough to help us realize this project. With a blessing by the members of Seaweed themselves to launch this project, alongside a handful of reunion shows last year (2007) and the possibility of new music this year (2008), SEAWEED is proving it's heart is still on it's sleeve in reaching fans new and old.
released June 24, 2008
• Released on Engineer Records, 2008.
• Wide array of styles showcasing 17 artists spanning the post-hardcore, punk, indie and metal genre's paying tribute.
• All tracks previously unreleased and unique to this release.
• Features two notably unique artist collaborations featuring WE'RE ALL BROKEN, THURSDAY, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM (trk 9) as well as (trk 3) between THE RECEIVING END OF SIRENS and MONEEN members, plus debut "solo" offerings from Ryan Mills and Rob Avery.
• Bonus Feature on physical CD contains actual SEAWEED *live* footage circa 1992, shot and submitted by fans, edited as a Quicktime Video
• Artwork production by the cutting edge Sons of Nero design team
• Chris Homentosky - Guitars
• Chris Smith - Guitars
• Craig Cirinelli - Microphone
• Dan Nolan - Drums, Percussion
• Mike Barbagallo - Bass Guitar
all rights reserved